Find a dedicated team of Python experts who will create a superb product without breaking the bank! Press the magic button below!
A senior dev with 6 years of experience. Previously worked on a top-rated face-swap app, Volodymyr likes new challenges and starting projects from scratch.
A strong Python engineer with 4+ years of experience. Ömer builds applications with Django and Flask, highly values code quality, and works with various tools.
- +2 skills
A talented middle Python developer with a solid background in machine learning. He likes to work with cutting-edge technologies and can refresh your startup approach.
- machine learning
A results-oriented and innovative software engineer with 5+ years of experience. Maksym has records of managing teams in enterprise-wide development projects.
- machine learning
4+ years in the industry brought Andrii hands-on experience in design and coding in various fields: Python, SQL, and several Salesforce technologies.
Python is currently one of the most popular and in-demand programming languages.
Well, Google, YouTube, Dropbox, Netflix, and other web giants use Python, partially or exclusively, to develop and maintain their apps, services, client and server software, and so on.
In most cases, you go for hiring Python engineers to write server-side code that will make your website part of the internet.
But, using Python for web development is just one of its many possible applications. Python app development and Python game development are also a thing. Python is great for machine learning, network programming, data science, and AI research.
When hiring a Python application developer, the biggest challenge is finding a dedicated, skilled developer who won’t ruin your startup’s budget. Recruiters tend to spend weeks looking for the right dev.
But, the truth is that often you cannot afford to wait. You need a developer here and now.
Thank God there is Lemon.io. We already have what you need. Just click that button and find the best Python programmers for hire.
For your convenience, we’ve structured the page so that you can easily navigate between its sections. Just use this table of contents:
Things Python web developers will do for you
- Debugging, optimization, and maintenance. Because why hire a development company for tasks like that?
- Writing efficient and reusable code (and testing it, of course)
- Developing server-side platforms
- Implementing data protection and security measures
- Integrating elements developed by the front-end team with server-side logic
- Setting up and working with databases
- Improving the functionality of already existing systems
If you want to research the market for freelance Python jobs, you basically have three options.
In-house or a development company?
It’s always great to have everything under control. With all your developers gathered in one place, you can definitely monitor and coordinate their work process more efficiently. The two major drawbacks, however, are:
- Get ready to pay for everything. We mean taxes, salaries, insurance payments, office rent, etc. In-house employees are costly.
- You will need a tech-savvy recruiter who knows everything about back-end development and how to test Python developers and verify their skills. It can simplify the recruiting process if you already have backend devs among your staff. But, if you are a startup about to hire Python developers for the first time, things can be tricky.
- This is for people who don’t want to trouble themselves with the recruitment ordeal. You call the guys and tell them what you need; they do everything. Development agencies usually employ specialists of all possible profiles, so they can get you through all stages of the development process.
- The only drawback here is the price. You’re hiring an IT company; it’s never cheap.
So, is there a better way to find Python software development gurus without robbing the bank?
We say, “Yes.”
Python freelance developers: the solution you need
Now, as controversial as it may sound, freelance programmers can be the best choice when it comes to hiring Python developers.
You’ve probably heard horror stories about ghosting contractors who abandon the project in the middle of the work process. Or about scammers who vanish into nothingness as soon as they receive your prepayment. And now, you think that it is safer and more reliable to hire a Python programmer who is certified and checked, rather than a stranger from the internet.
And you are right. The biggest problem of all the crowdsourcing marketplaces such as Upwork or Freelancer is the impossibility of ensuring that a hired freelancer is a professional, not a newbie or a scammer. How can you be sure that a Python freelancer is who he says he is?
But here is the thing: we aren’t talking about regular online marketplaces here. We are talking about platforms that search out and handpick only the best of the best freelancers. Hiring a Python developer is no longer a gamble.
This small detail changes everything.
Turns out there are trustworthy alternatives to Upwork and the like after all. Alternatives are reliable, safe, and can deliver work of impressive quality. Platforms that accommodate Python developers with impressive skill sets.
Skill sets at your disposal
Vetting platforms that test Python developers make sure that:
They are experienced with Django and Flask, and are familiar with event-driven programming
They also know about Python’s potential for machine learning, and actively explore this area
They have an understanding of the server-side templating languages such as Jinja, Kid, or Mako
They are familiar with the concepts of OOP (object-oriented programming)
They possess at least some experience with MVC and MVT architectures
They actively use code versioning tools such as Git or SVN
They are great at communication, and their English language skills don’t make you cringe.
They know how to work with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
Now, you might say that every skilled Python programmer should be able to do that. So, why specifically hire Python developers as freelancers?
There are three major reasons for this:
Hiring a freelance developer is usually more cost-effective. You can hire a senior Python coder for your projects from an Eastern European country and save a significant amount of money.
You can communicate all the project details, requirements, and changes directly to the freelancer you hired. There is no more bureaucracy involved. Python application developer will be able to answer your questions right away and consistently update you on the status of your projects. That is why hiring a remote engineer can be the best solution for your startup.
High quality work
If hired from the proper places (we’ll cover that later), freelance Python developers can be as trustworthy and reliable as those who work for development companies charging you for every breath you take in their presence.
Eastern European engineers have been ranking top 10 in the world’s best developers list for years now. They fill the demand with the highest quality service for many companies in the States and Western Europe.
Obviously, you can’t hire a Python programmer from just any platform and hope their background includes all of the skills listed above. As we said, there are places where only the best Python devs dwell. And here is the list of places where you can find them.
Places to find tested Python freelance developers
Here is where you should start looking in the first place.
- A freelance platform for vetted web and software developers, Lemon.io focuses on hand-picking the developers who’ve proved their skills in a series of challenging vetting procedures.
- The meticulous vetting procedure Lemon.io utilizes to select its developers includes tests of soft and hard skills, live interviews, practical test tasks, and several background checks.
- Lemon.io helps you hire some of the best freelance Python programmers you can find online, with an impressive range of skill sets.
- Since Lemon.io works mostly with developers from Eastern Europe and Ukraine (see price lists above), the price-quality balance they provide is nearly perfect.
- Lemon.io is incredibly fast for finding a perfect match for your project. Share your project details with the platform, and they’ll find you a suitable Python developer for hire within just 24 hours.
- Super-fast matching is also super-precise. 98% of Lemon.io clients hire the first candidate the platform offers them.
- If you thought Toptal was expensive, behold Gun.io. Hourly rates here can reach $150.
- This is okay since giants such as Cisco and Tesla are among the company’s clients.
- But, if you are a smaller company or a startup, you might want to look for a more affordable option.
- On the other hand, Gun.io employs some of the best freelance developers.
- And the code they write is yours. No misunderstandings regarding ownership rights.
- But… $150 per hour… holy snap.
- A job board on Python’s official website, where you will find only Python developers
- Not a platform for vetted developers, so there is no mediator to guarantee the skills of a freelancer you hire or the quality of their work. On the other hand, it’s the job board of the Python website, so you can expect some great pros hanging out on it. Freelance Python jobs are posted on this board, and developers apply to them.
- Requirements like “Post job descriptions in ASCII or UTF-8” can be confusing to customers who aren’t tech-savvy or are afraid of smart-looking abbreviations
- A posting that fails to meet the requirements of Python.org’s Jobs section (very specific, tbh) will be rejected
- Each posting is reviewed by the team of volunteering moderators before getting published. For you, it means delays and the loss of precious time.
The only non-vetting platform on the list. We’ve included it to provide a conceptual alternative. Here’s what Upwork is all about.
- It’s a bidding platform. You post your job description, and freelancers who see it start applying to your order by naming their prices and deadline estimates. Every one of them tries to persuade you they are the perfect candidate for your project. However, some Python programmers for hire cannot be what they claim to be.
- If you care about who you’re hiring, you’ll probably want to look through the applicants’ portfolios. You should check if those Python experts have the necessary skills. Which can be time-consuming.
- Besides, some of them may be hijacked. Scammers and cheaters are not uncommon on Upwork (like on any other bidding platform, though).
- Upwork is one of the largest online freelancer marketplaces, so you can find developers of all possible profiles here. Thus, regardless of whether you’re looking to hire Python coders or Android app developers, they’re likely to have plenty of candidates available.
- Hourly and fixed rates will probably surprise you, too, in a good way. The string attached, though, is that the quality of a coder’s work on Upwork is rarely as satisfying as the prices
- Customer service could be better
- In general, Upwork could be a decent place to start looking for a Python programmer and to glimpse the variety of available options.
Python developer salary: pay less, gain more?
The cheapest solutions are not always the best
When it comes to low prices for web and software development, the first thought that comes to the mind of an average customer is probably, «Indian developers.» Indeed, freelancers from this region charge significantly less for their services than their western colleagues. If you compare the hourly rates of a developer from the United States and from India, the difference will shock you. Sometimes, the price an Indian developer is ready to work for can be 10 times lower!
422,681 rupees can look solid, but if you convert them to the US dollars, you’ll see that you can hire an average Python developer from India for only $5,763 per year!
And this would be great news… But, there’s always a but, as you know.
People who have worked with Indian developers tend to have controversial experiences. Some are left completely satisfied with the quality of the work done, whereas others are underwhelmed at best. A gamble that should not be a part of Python software development.
We are not saying that Indian developers are unskilled. We mean that you should be ready to pay for quality, regardless of the country your developer comes from.
Should you hire Python developers in the US or Europe?
Yes, if you want to find a Python developer who can speak decent English and possess Python knowledge beyond the “Python for Dummies” textbook. On the other hand, Python developer salaries in the United States or Europe can hit the ceiling sometimes. So, if your budget is tight, perhaps you shouldn’t.
As you can see, an average Python programmer’s salary is rather high.
But isn’t there a reasonable alternative? There should be some sort of a golden mean, high-quality code in Python for a reasonable price. A way to hire Python freelance developer without breaking the bank?
Fortunately, there is.
The ideal price-quality solution for you
If you check out our article about the top 7 reasons to hire Ukrainian developers, you will know why customers from many countries are giving more and more preference to programmers from this Eastern European country. This is a popular outsourcing region in general. Our research shows that 40% of American employers prefer to hire freelance developers in Eastern Europe.
In brief, Ukraine’s IT industry is currently in the phase of active development. In the chart of the world’s best developers, Ukraine is in 11th place (out of 50). Ukrainians share the Western mentality and work ethic, which results in high quality of work. But, due to the lower living costs in Ukraine, salaries are not as high as in Western countries.
On average, a Ukrainian software developer earns about $35 per hour. These prices heavily depend on specialization, and other factors such as the city a freelancer lives in or the platform they are looking for orders on.
For the sake of making this paragraph sound less generic, here are the hourly rates Lemon developers work for:
To us, it looks like if you hire a Ukrainian Python developer, you can save quite a lot of money without sacrificing the quality of the final product.
Devs you deserve
Finding skilled and affordable Python coders is no longer a chore.
Lemon.io has all kinds of developers, Python devs included.
We are confident in their skills. None of them will abandon your project or deliver you a half-baked software solution.
We care about the quality of the work our freelancers do.
Hire at Lemon.io, and we’ll quickly find you a Python freelancer perfectly suited to your particular task.
Some more questions left? Check out our brief FAQ below.
What do Python developers do?
Most Python developers are responsible for writing Python code, handling troubleshooting issues, and using Python-based frameworks for creating web applications and programs. In addition to this. Python developers’ zone of responsibility comprises design, deployment, and bug search. As a rule, this web developer is responsible for the back-end, i.e., server-side of the programs or applications. Some specialists in this field can help organizations with their tech infrastructure and the general ecosystem. To make a long story short, Python developers create applications, design frameworks, and websites, and develop new Python-based services.
What are the skills required for a Python developer?
Broadly speaking, some skills a decent Python developer is expected to have are common for all web developers (no matter what language or framework they are proficient in), and some are specific to the Python language and the related infrastructure. Let’s untangle this question together.
Python developers are…
– Experienced in Django, Flask, and event-driven programming;
– Actively employing the machine learning potential of Python;
– Understand and can employ server-side templating languages (like Kid or Maco);
– Acquainted with concepts of object-oriented programming;
– Employ code-versioning tools (like Git) in their daily working routine;
– Well-versed in back-end programming and can use HTML5, CSS3, and JS.
All talented developers are…
– Empathetic and good at communication;
– Proficient in the English language (at least on a professional talk/writing level);
– Perfect at problem-solving;
– Extremely attentive to details.
Is Python good for developers?
Yes, Python is an extremely popular dynamic-typed programming language, and its popularity is gaining traction with time. So, any developer who decides to practice Python and make it their tool for making daily bread will do it right. With the help of Python, a skillful developer can build multi-protocol network applications quicker — thanks to the straightforward syntax of the language. The most popular Python-based services are Reddit, Instagram, and Allmighty Google. Isn’t it enough for an informed decision in favor of Python? Oh well, the NLP branch is also Python-based. Do you know Grammarly? I bet you do. Guess what programming language is at its core.