Hire AWS Developers
Don’t drag yourself through the complex AWS world alone. Let us help you figure everything out. Hire top AWS developers in one click.
// middle devops
Mert is a middle DevOps/SRE with a Python background, also proficient in AWS and Kubernetes. He's got excellent interpersonal skills and shares a team spirit.
- +4 skills
// senior full-stack web developer
A full-stack developer with 14+ years of experience. His core stacks are C#, .NET, and JS. Eugene is also proficient in AWS and has team-leading experience.
- +4 skills
// strong middle devops
A strong middle DevOps, most proficient in CI/CD, Kubernetes, Ansible, and AWS. Dmytro likes complex challenges and appreciates teamwork in solving issues.
// senior react/react native developer
A senior React/React Native developer. Bogdan loves to make cross-platform applications. He's also proficient in AWS and has a Solution Architect certificate.
- react native
// middle full-stack developer
- +3 skills
Today, Amazon has the biggest share of the public cloud market: 39% of businesses rely on AWS. It is more popular than Azure (19%) and Google Cloud (9%).
Being an IaaS platform integrating over 70 other services for cloud computing, data warehousing, etc., AWS is huge.
This is both good and bad news.
Good, because it’s a one-stop solution for many of your infrastructure needs and concerns.
Bad, because it’s complicated. If you want to move or launch an app on AWS services, you will most likely run into the question:
“Where should I begin?”
Brace yourself. Before you can start building or migrating your project on AWS, you will need to hire an AWS developer fit for the job.
Drag yourself through this alone, or let us help you
AWS is full of jargon and terms you have never heard of. Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, VPC, CloudWatch, S3… What’s all that?
Also, cluttered UI, complicated subscription plans, and paid customer support can make it difficult for a new customer to figure things out.
Okay, so you want to hire AWS software engineers. But do you REALLY know who you need for your project? Because there are AWS Developer Associates, and then there are AWS Solution Architects.
If you are new to Amazon Web Services, you may end up recruiting the wrong person for the job.
You need to know some core differences before you dare to hire an AWS developer instead of a solution architect or vice versa.
What do AWS developers do?
Best AWS developers build and maintain applications that use the AWS environment. To do this, AWS developers must:
- Know AWS core services
- Know how cloud-native apps work
- Be able to use AWS SDK, CLI, and APIs for app development
- Use CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
Why hire an expert AWS developer?
AWS solution architects build and maintain infrastructure for customers to either move their app/project to AWS cloud services or build a new one. A high-grade solution architect can develop secure, cost-efficient, and high-performing infrastructure.
To be able to do this, AWS developers in 2022 must:
- Be able to communicate with clients and figure out which technical solutions would meet their business goals in an efficient and cost-optimal way
- Analyze customer requirements and problems, and break them down into solvable tasks for distribution across a team of developers
- Design architecture for moving existing apps or projects to the AWS cloud environment
- Know how to use AWS-specific services: EC2, Elastic Load Balancers, EFS and EBS, Cloud Watch, VPC, ECS, and so on
- Be familiar with AWS CLI and APIs, templates, and management console
- Keep on track with the latest AWS products, features, and services
So, what’s the problem?
If you aren’t tech-savvy and have little idea about AWS developer roles and responsibilities, you probably can’t tell how good of an expert your candidate is in either of these areas.
Even if you are, you will still have to do a lot of searching, researching, testing, and interviewing before you finally hire an AWS developer suitable for your project.
So, either you’re buying a pig in a poke, or you spend a lot of your time and energy selecting and testing possible candidates.
«It would be nice to always have an AWS developer at hand,» you probably thought 5 minutes ago, but here we are to break your illusions and hijack your unicorns.
You might want to reconsider if your idea was to hire in-house AWS engineers. On average, an AWS developer’s salary in the United States is $91,5K annually. This cost might be unbearable for a newborn startup or a small business.
Hidden fists of the market
If you live and hire in the United States –– brace yourself and get ready
Paid sick days
And, of course, you must pay your in-house devs regardless of their workloads. They might just have the laziest day in their life – and you’re paying for it.
What about AWS developer salaries in India?
Okay, but what if you hire outside the United States?
In search of affordable AWS developers, many startuppers turn their eyes to India. It’s a good choice at first glance. India is famous for the rapid development of its software development industry, and the salaries Indian developers work for raise many eyebrows.
Just look at how much (or rather, how little) Indian AWS developers sell their labor.
In USD, an AWS developer’s salary in India is $5,900 annually.
Looks like a reasonable option, yes?
- Statistically, you will most likely run into unskilled, inexperienced beginners who’re not apt in many programming languages –– just because the IT market in India is so large.
- Communication problems can effectively obstruct discussions on your project.
- Some freelancers working for cheap will do anything to get hired. When you ask them, «Can you move my app to the AWS environment?» they will say «Yes» even if they can’t. Watch out.
- Intense internal competition forces many Indian developers to keep their rates low. Indian economy is not your problem. But do you want to build your business using the labor of people who have no choice but to work for pennies?
So, there’s no affordable alternative to American developers?
There is! Just read on. We’ll cover it later.
Or, here’s a shortcut for you to jump right there.
You don’t need in-house AWS developers
Remote developers. At Lemon, we believe them to be God’s third most wonderful creation after democracy and America.
Because with them you can solve your problems easily:
- Pay only for the time they spend working on your AWS project.
- Pay only the price you and the freelancer agreed upon. No taxes, no insurance payments, no paid vacations or other extra expenses.
- Hire a developer with the exact skill set that you need. You don’t have to to waste time and money retraining your devs for the new tasks.
- Communicate all your project requirements, changes, and suggestions directly to your freelancer. On the fly.
You have to pick gems out of the dirt on generic marketplaces.
On vetting platforms, every developer is a gem.
Lemon.io is your diadem of gems.
Hire AWS developers on Lemon and see your project liftoff like SpaceX Dragon.
Why choose Lemon to hire AWS developers?
AWS experts to always match your project needs
We have AWS developers. We have AWS solutions architects. Depending on what you need to do, we will find you an expert with appropriate skills.
You don’t have to guess whom to hire anymore.
Matching you with devs real quick
You are a click away from hiring your AWS developer.
Just press the big yellow button below and tell us what you need to do.
We will assign a developer to your project within the next 24 hours.
Price-quality balance close to perfect
We figured that affordable prices + high quality of work = more customers.
We knew we wanted it.
The only question was, «How do we achieve perfect balance?»
Through trial and error, we developed this strategy:
- We mostly hire developers in Ukraine. Costs of living here are about 40% lower than in the United States. For you, it means lower prices.
- We set lower commissions that our competitors.
- Lemon’s team is working from several countries. Our maintenance costs are mostly salaries, and our overhead expenses currently don’t exceed $60,000. For you, it means that we don’t add our expenses to your prices.
With us, you no longer have to google AWS developer salary.
- Developers from Ukraine share Western mentality when it comes to work ethics, responsibility, and quality. For you, it means high performance standards.
- We organized a set of meticulous vetting procedures to ensure high quality of our developers’ work.
- We have an extra fast and highly responsive support team to help you solve whatever issues you may come across when working with our developers.
- If you are unsatisfied with a developer assigned to your project, we will provide you with a free substitute.
Advantages of hiring an AWS developer at Lemon.io
Lemon is your safe haven: our freelance acquisition team does wonders to weed out unreliable devs.
Here is how we test every developer who wants to collaborate with Lemon.io.
No such thing as too much security
We are an American Delaware C-Corp based in Ukraine. Our terms and conditions fully comply with the laws of the United States.
Each freelancer applying to work with us agrees to work under these terms and conditions, including two important thesis:
- they must keep your project details in secret
- when you pay for the finished work, they must transfer intellectual property to you.
Cut the crap
Forget the «No pain, no gain» nonsense.
Leave research, recruiting routine, and trial and error to people who have the luxury of wasting time and money.
Your way is right in front of you.
A single click –– and you hire AWS developers that Amazon itself would want to employ.
Any questions left? Here's a FAQ for you!
How difficult is it to find good AWS experts?
AWS professionals are tremendously popular nowadays — with Amazon’s expansion, these specialists also gain popularity. However, AWS certifications aren’t global and all-encompassing: one AWS specialist may be proficient in a sphere where another one will be almost a novice (well, that’s an exaggeration of sorts, but still). Composing the right job description and profiling a specialist you want to hire will make the hiring process more feasible. Cloud practitioners have some basic AWS commands, associates have been working with AWS for at least a year or two, and Senior AWS programmers have an excellent command of all the AWS nuts and bolts. AWS engineering is one of the branches with the fastest expansion rate, so finding good AWS experts should be manageable (albeit we don’t consider it a light walk either). Vetting platforms can definitely make the process easier. For instance, Lemon.io will help you hire AWS developers who were pre-vetted and passed 4-stage testing procedures.
Why should you select AWS technology?
AWS cloud service from Amazon provides a cloud-based adaptable, and scalable infrastructure. How can AWS developers help you boost your business? They will help you with…
– Making AWS migration easier;
– Developing cloud-based software;
– Managing a virtual private cloud for your know-how;
– Securing and optimizing your AWS account;
– Setting up AWS EC2 for the needs of your app.
What technical skills are required for AWS?
Here’s a list that can provide you with an answer.
– Java, C#, or Python proficiency. Other languages with an official AWS SDK will also be OK.
– Networking aptness. Do DNS, HTTP, and VPN abbreviations sound familiar to you? Besides, it will be great to use CloudFront, VPC, and Route 53.
– The basics of data storage.
– Security foundations. AWS guidelines are tailored to assure your digital safety.
– Cloud-specific technologies. After your code travels from your hard drive to the virtual cloud, it starts behaving according to another set of rules. However, don’t fret: if you hire an AWS pro, they will make everything to ensure the availability, scalability, and safe recovery of your treasured possessions.
– Communication. How can you build an AWS system if you can’t explain it to your fellow team members?
Are AWS developers in demand?
The demand for AWS professionals has been on the rise, probably since Amazon has begun gaining traction and enjoying worldwide popularity. Therefore, specialists with cloud expertise will never stay on the bench for too long. AWS is attractive for IT folk finding relaxation and interest in cloud computing, cloud infrastructure, and app development. Since there’s no forthcoming shortage of demand, startup owners should probably devote all their energy to the proper AWS specialists’ search — either themselves or with the help of talent marketplaces like Lemon.io.
How much would it cost to hire an AWS developer?
The prices differ from region to region and depend on qualifications and extra experience. Generally, you can expect an AWS developer from Eastern Europe cost you $25-45 per hour, whereas a dev from the USA will empty your pockets with a speed of $55-70 per hour.
Our experience with Lemon was second-to-none. We were matched with a great engineer who’s incredibly smart, proactive and punctual. We will be using Lemon again for upcoming dev project!!
Lemon was excellent to work with! They are quick to respond and I have always have positive interactions with them. Not to mention the most important part – they sourced us a great iOS engineer who was better than what we were expecting!
I was looking for a backend rails developer to lead the charge on developing our APIs and platform integrations. We reached out to Lemon.io and they found the perfect engineer in a day. He’s been on the project for almost 2 months and has consistently delivered quality work.
Hire your mighty devs at Lemon.io.
Hire based on role
Hire based on career trajectory
Freelance Platforms Reviews and Alternatives
More case studies
Behold fathom – the third eye of the podcast world! all-knowing ai that picks only the most relevant podcasts for you.
meet tvScientific, the prominent representative of the new generation of ctv advertising!
Meet SkyFi, who are making the impossible possible. A platform uniting satellite providers and customers.
Wanna know how AI can help patients talk with their doctors, arrange checkups, and remind about upcoming visits? Meet Peptalkr, a marketing-based patient management system!
Meet the marketplace for price-conscious high fashion consumers. Buy your favorite apparel&electronics for much lower prices!