A readable open-source language plus a framework for enhancing developers’ business — what could be better for your app? Hire Ruby developers with no sweat at Lemon.io — and forget the troubles!
A strong middle back-end developer with Ruby as a main expertise. Victoria is on her way to mastering Golang. Responsible and team-oriented, she loves nothing more than solving technical challenges.
A senior back-end developer, experienced in Ruby/Ruby on Rails. He knows the Rails framework, utilizes best practices and is good with databases. Also proficient in front-end with Vue.js and Ember.js.
- ruby on rails
A senior full-stack developer who has been in business since 2014. He leans toward back end with Ruby, although he is no slouch in the front - React is also up his alley.
- ruby on rails
Ruby on Rails website development is currently a thing. A readable open-source language (Ruby) combined with a framework to enhance developers’ work (Rails) make a powerful tool.
When you hire Ruby on Rails developer, you pay for web and application development that is:
Regardless of whether you want Ruby on Rails application development, website creation, or something else, we’d suggest you hire Ruby developers on Lemon.
You when hiring elsewhere
Good thing there is always a choice. If you are a startup with a limited budget, and your need for extra hands on the project is dire, you should consider hiring freelance developers.
There are many arguments for working with independent developers. Here are just some of them:
Ruby on Rails web development is a thing. This is why it can be difficult to hire Ruby on Rails developer in Europe or the United States. Many of them are already contracting, because markets are overheated.
What is the average Ruby developer salary? The real question you should ask yourself is, «What Ruby on Rails developer salary can I afford paying?» Check out the numbers:
Get ready to pay over $93K per year if you want to hire Ruby on Rails developer from the United States.
For the alternatives, you can look at the United Kingdom.
That would be over $46K. Still expensive.
In-house and remote Ruby developers are reliable and all. But did you consider the additional costs?
- Pay FICA taxes (aka Social Security and Medicare taxes)
- Pay for your employees’ vacations, days-off, sick days, etc.
- Pay for the equipment your in-house devs will be working on
- Pay office rent, on average $13-15K per employee annually.
Even if all your employees work remotely and you don’t need an office, other additional costs can still take a huge bite out of your budget.
So, Ruby developer salary is not the only thing you should worry about.
Ruby on Rails is a difficult language with a steep learning curve, which is why experienced devs study it more often than newbies. They won’t do junior’s work for junior Ruby on Rails developer salary for you. If you were planning to hire a Ruby jun for routine tasks, forget it.
Many Ruby on Rails developers have little to no time for interviews, test assignments, etc. Your offer must be really worth their time (as they see it).
Now, you could think that Ruby on Rails development in India or South Asia would be cheaper. But consider this:
- High-class pros don’t work for bread crumbs, regardless of the country. A skilled Indian in-house developer will cost you as much as an American or European one.
- Low prices often mean poor quality of work. Again, regardless of the country you hire in.
If you manage to hire Ruby on Rails developer for like $5 per hour, you will probably receive unreadable, malfunctioning code. You will have to spend additional money to train the dev, monitor their performance, and will probably end up replacing them.
«Affordable» does not mean «cheap.»
Development companies can kill your startup
So, in-house and remote RoR developers are expensive, and hiring them is difficult.
If you think that hiring a Ruby on Rails development company is a better solution, think again. This is what happens when you pay a company for Ruby on Rails development services:
Development companies are great for mature businesses. When you are starting up, you want more affordable solutions.
It’s time to hire freelance Ruby on Rails developers
Freelancers are more efficient than in-house devs
- You pay them only when there is work to do.
- No work – no expenses
- No additional costs: you pay the agreed price only
- Freelance Ruby on Rails developer takes no sick days,
- No vacations, no days off
- They can implement changes to the project on the fly
- You discuss project details directly with the contractor
- You can check with the freelancer anytime
You can solve reliability concerns easily
When startup owners hire freelance Ruby on Rails developers, they usually worry about:
- Safety: «How do I avoid scammers and hackers?»
- Quality: «How do I find a skilled and reliable freelance developer?»
Now, you have two options:
Option 1. Somewhat minimize the risks
Here are just some points you need to keep in mind if you want to minimize the risks when hiring freelance Ruby on Rails developers on your own:
- Inquire a freelancer’s former employers about their experiences
- Never agree to 100% prepayment requests
- Not put too much trust into freelancers whose hourly rates are suspiciously low
- Create milestone payments
- Communicate and pay only via the freelance platform
- Use licensed and updated antimalware
- Keep personal and sensitive business information secret
- Communicate with the freelancer using video calls.
Also, you need to know how to distinguish good devs from the bad ones. If you can afford it, dedicate your time to learning how to search, select, test, and interview freelance developers.
Option 2. Completely negate all the risks and disadvantages of working with freelancers
Hire at Lemon.io
Simple as that.
The one-stop-shop to hire Ruby on Rails devs
Lemon.io is a platform for vetted web developers. We test freelance developers’ coding, communication, and personal skills. After multiple checks, we hire the best ones to assign them to your projects, based on your requirements.
We do the hiring routine for you and do it well.
Lemon.io accommodates developers of many specialties, Ruby on Rails included. Think of us as a hub connecting you to tested devs on demand.
Other vetting platforms might be doing the similar thing. But Lemon was created specifically with startups, startup budgets, and startup needs in mind.
Pick from 350+ software and web engineers
We house hundreds of back-end, front-end, and full-stack developers. Among them, there always will be an available Ruby on Rails developer for you.
Freelancers who never fail you
Lemon has a 4-stage vetting procedure to ensure that. We never hire candidates who fail at any stage.
We replace developers free of charge
If our freelance Ruby on Rails developer does not meet your demands, or cannot continue working on your project, we will replace them free of charge.
All you need to do is to describe your concern or problem with the dev to us. We will find you a perfectly suitable substitute in no time. With this feature, your project is always safe.
Save thousands of dollars
Rates up to $65 tops. This is at least 20-40% less than average hourly rates in North America, according to ARC.
See for yourself:
This is how we keep our prices affordable
We work with Eastern European freelance developers. Costs of living in Eastern Europe are about 40% lower than in the United States, hence the rates. On the other hand, the work ethic and professional mentality are the same.
Find your perfect match within hours
- We will find a perfectly suiting freelance Ruby on Rails developer for your project in 24 hours or less
- You can trust our experience. 98% of our customers agree to work with the first match we offer and are satisfied with the results
- More satisfying than matching on Tinder
- Our prices are 40-50% lower than on bigger vetting platforms
- Our prices are 40% lower than average hourly rates of freelance RoR devs in the US
- We have super fast and precise matching within 24 hours or less
- We provide free freelancer replacement is something goes wrong or you want another developer
- Our highly skilled freelance developers are always available.